Senior Medical Director, Waltham MA (US)
The Senior Medical Director supports the business goals and objectives and has primary accountability for building and developing US medical and scientific leadership.
Essential Responsibilities/Scope of the job:
Including, but not limited to the following:
The Senior Director, Medical Affairs – through effective leadership of the medical team will establish and foster professional relationships, supporting internal and external scientific needs. He/she will leverage his/her clinical/medical/scientific knowledge to advance the interests of Sobi Inc. and to ensure that patients and healthcare professions derive maximal benefit from our products. He/she will represent the overall Medical Science organization on cross functional initiatives as required.
The Senior Director, Medical Affairs- will be a strong and effective people leader; accountable for the development and leadership of a high-performance team. They will be highly engaged in objective setting and performance management, providing clarity of direction, ensuring the strategy and deliverables of the organization are clearly understood and communicated. Cross functional collaboration and the fostering of strong relationships across the organization will be an important measure of success, demanding an individual with strong influencing skills, a collaborative approach and strategic business acumen.
• Represents, leads and promotes Sobi Inc. as the scientific partner of choice through thought leadership and influence of key opinion leaders on the fundamental issues affecting the industry within the designated therapeutic areas
• Oversees the design and implementation of Medical Affairs plans (both evidence generating and evidence disseminating) within their span of control and ensures the development of integrated evidence generation plans that are strategically aligned with the business
• Seeks out and leverages opportunities for knowledge sharing on a global basis and develops new and innovative strategies to achieve scientific and business results
• Attracts, develops and retains high-caliber team members, helping to build a medical and scientific pool to drive future success of Sobi Inc.
• Establishes a culture of high performance by focusing on the delivery of high priority, core activities within their teams
• Develops and fosters strong collaborative relationships with internal partners including Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Operations, Access, Sales and Marketing to meet business objectives.
• Leads team in the development of differentiation platforms around key clinical and other health outcomes attributes
• Supports the design, development and management of Phase IV clinical programs within US including Investigator Initiated Studies and other evidence generating activities to address US needs.
• Interfaces effectively with the global partners to maximize lifecycle opportunities for products both locally and at a global level.
• Interacts with Key Opinion Leaders, Regulatory Authorities, and other external agencies in support of our products, therapeutic areas of interest and company objectives
Position Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience):
• A minimum of a Doctor of Medicine (MD), Ph.D. or PharmD. is required
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience is required, with prior experience in a senior Medical Leadership Role with a proven track record of significant success in leadership and strategy development
• A minimum of 5 years of direct people management experience is required
• Knowledge of multiple therapeutic areas is an asset
• Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to work with and motivate teams
• Excellent interdependent partnering ability, including ability to effectively work with customers and colleagues, and ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment
• Proven track record developing, presenting and publishing clinical studies
• Demonstrated skills in identifying and developing solutions to data gaps using current best practice approaches to data generation
• Demonstrated skills in the areas of sound judgement, people development, critical analysis, negotiation, and innovation
VP, Head of Medical Affairs, North America.
For more information:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter through the apply button on the left-hand side.
Appointment of vacant positions at Sobi will take place with consideration of:
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
- The competences, experience, personal qualities, and motivators of the candidates;
- The wish for Sobi to secure a well-functioning group with good team dynamics, able to be successful in an international, multi-cultural and cross-border business;
- A wish for all Sobi employees to embrace and align with the company’s values in their day-to-day operations.